When I was as old as my kids are right now, 10 – 18, I…
- Spent most of my time outside.
- didn’t have a computer
- didn’t play video games
- road my bike everywhere I went or I walked.
- did not have a VCR
- did not have DVD player
- a blue ray was a light that was caused when you arced an electric outlet.
- spent time on the farm
- didn’t carry a phone with me everywhere I went.
When I was your age, my parents didn’t have to worry as much about…
- Some pervert forming an inappropriate online relationship with me.
- Me running away from home to live the rest of my life with a strange pervert.
- Internet Porn
- high definition printers that can turn our kids into counterfeiters
- texting while driving
- video chat
- pirating copyrighted material.
As a result of the age of technology I reserve the right to
- Snoop on your computer.
- snoop on your cell phone
- snoop on your facebook, and the pages of your friends.
- read your email
- make you wear age appropriate clothing
- take away your access to computers. more specifically, the Internet.
- take away your cell phone.
- say that you may not have a credit card until you move out on your own.
- use technology in any way I can to ensure your safety.
As technology adapts itself, I reserve the right to change my rules.